Theatre Horizon has been here all week rehearsing The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr [Abridged] and it looks fantastic and hilarious! There are four performances this weekend and tickets are still available for all of them — Friday at 8PM, Saturday at 2PM and 8PM, and Sunday at 2PM. More information is below.
In the Loop has a screening tonight (Thursday) at 7:30 and will also have screenings next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Next Thursday (Oct 1) we will celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary of ACT – the Association for the Colonial Theatre. We’ll screen Miller DesignWorks’ documentary about ACT, as well as Run Lola Run, the first film we showed when we opened our doors on Oct 1, 1999.
Things get started at 6PM with a cocktail party in our lobby. We’ll show the documentary short about ACT at about 7PM, followed by a Q& A about our history, a short intermission, and then Run Lola Run at 8PM. And, it’s all FREE! Please join us. All we ask is that you RSVP by calling 610-917-1228. (You don’t need to RSVP if you are coming for Run Lola Run only). Hope to see you there!
There won’t be a classic film screening this Sunday due to the Shakespeare performance, but next Sunday (Oct 4) we kick off our month of classic horror double features with Frankenstein (1931, 35mm) and The Curse of Frankenstein (1957, DVD). Our Young Audiences Series (aka the Children’s Series) also gets started next weekend with The Addams Family on Sat, Oct 3 at 2PM. Eeek!
We have some great programs coming up and we don’t want you to miss a thing, so here’s the scoop:
- Feature Film: Julie & Julia starts Oct 2
- First Friday Fright Night: The Lost Boys – Fri, Oct 2 @ 9:45
- The Rivers: Buddy Holly and the 1950’s – Fri, Oct 9 @ 8:00
- Bringing Back the Bacons – Sat , Oct 10 @ 8:00
- Nick Lowe – Sun, Oct 11 @ 7:30
- Special Screening: Coal Country – Wed, Oct 21 @ 7:30
- Leon Russell – Thu, Oct 22 @ 8:00
- Feature Film: It Might Get Loud starts Oct 23
- Rocky Horror – Sat, Oct 24 @ 10:00
- Blue Oyster Cult – Fri, Oct 30 @ 8:00
- Muppets, Music & Magic – Nov 3, 7 & 8
- Spinal Tap and Anvil – Thu, Nov 5 @ 7:30
Thanks for your support and we’ll see you at the theatre!