The Colonial Theatre is located at 227 Bridge Street, in the heart of Phoenixville’s historic business district. Click here to download a PDF with directions and a map. Click here for a Google street view.
- 2 hour free* street parking is available on the 100, 200, and 300 blocks of Bridge Street; and on Gay and Main Streets, between Bridge and Church Streets.*2 Hour Parking is per block*
Municipal Lots with Metered Parking
- The four main municipal lots (indicated by a blue ‘P‘ on the map above) are metered. Parking costs $1 per hour (or $0.25 per 15 minutes) from 8am to 10pm, Monday thru Saturday. (The lots indicated by an orange ‘P‘ are private lots. Click on the ‘P’ for more information. Subject to change without notice.)
- There is a 12 hour limit for each spot.
- Some parking spaces have individual meters that accept coins only; and the remaining spaces require that you pay at a central pay kiosk which accepts coins and bills. There is only one central pay kiosk in each lot, so you may have to do some looking around to spot them.
- Have questions? Please visit the borough’s parking page or call610-933-8801.
- Click here to download a PDF map that shows the lot locations (Courtesy of the Borough of Phoenixville).
NEW! Pay with the Passport Parking app:
- The app allows you pay for parking in any of the borough lots.
- The app will send you reminders before your time expires and you can extend you parking time directly from the app.
- Download the app PassportParking from your phone or visit https://ppprk.com/park/.
- Please note that there is a 35 cent convenience fee per reservation.
Each lot has its own dedicated zone number. The zone number is noted on meters (where there are metered spaces), but not on the main kiosk. The borough tells us that there is addtional signage about the numbers posted in the lots. Nevertheless, here are the lot zone numbers:
- Prospect St: 431
- Main/Bridge Sts: 432
- Mill Street: 433
- Taylor Alley: 434
How to pay with coins at kiosk:
- Use nickels (3 m), dimes (6 m), or quarters (15 m)
- Type your parking space number
- Do not press OK
- Deposit coins up to the desired amount of time
- You will not get a receipt
Septa buses 99 and 139 come through Phoenixville. You can check the schedules at www.septa.org.
- From Reading or Pottstown:
- Take Route 422 to the Route 724/Phoenixville exit. At stop sign make left and take Route 724 into Phoenixville. Route 724 will turn into Route 23. Follow Route 23 East to Route 113 North. Make left onto 113 North (Bridge Street). Follow Bridge Street past Gay Street. The Theatre is between Gay and Main Streets on the left.
From Philadelphia Take Route 76 to the Mall Road exit (the last exit before the turnpike toll booths) make right at light, go to next light make another right onto North Gulph Road. North Gulph will turn into Route 23 and run through Valley Forge Park. Stay on Route 23 into Phoenixville. Turn right onto Starr Street. Follow Starr Street to dead end and make a left onto Bridge Street. Follow Bridge Street through one light. The Colonial is on your right between Main and Gay Streets.
- Alternate route from Philadelphia:
- Take Route 76 West to King of Prussia. Exit onto 422 West. Exit onto Route 29 South/Phoenixville. Route 29 becomes Bridge Street as you come into Phoenixville borough. At the traffic light at Starr Street continue straight on Bridge Street (do not turn left to continue following Route 29). The Colonial is one and a half blocks up on the right, between Main and Gay Streets.
- From Northeast Philadelphia or the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike:
- Take the PA Turnpike West to the Exit 326/Valley Forge/King of Prussia. After toll booths, take the first exit to your right, towards Valley Forge Park, this exit puts you on North Gulph Road which will turn into Route 23 and runs through Valley Forge Park. Stay on Route 23 into Phoenixville. Turn right onto Starr Street. Follow Starr Street to dead end and make a left onto Bridge Street. Follow Bridge through one light, the Colonial is on your right between Main and Gay Streets.
- From Lancaster:
- Take the PA Turnpike East to Exit 312/Downingtown. Follow Route 100 South to Route 113. At light make a left, and follow Route 113 North to the intersection of Routes 113 and 23 (there is a McDonald’s and a KFC at this intersection). Make a right at the light and follow 113 North which turns left at the next light onto Bridge Street. Stay on Bridge Street past Gay Street. The Colonial is between Gay and Main Streets on the left.
The following restaurants are walking distance from the Colonial:
SIPS Bistro & Bar – French bistro and bar; outdoor patio
The Black Lab Bistro – BYOB, across the street from the Colonial
Franco Ristorante – Pizza and Italian; across the street from the Colonial
Steel City Coffee House – corner of Bridge & Main Streets
Molly Maguire’s Irish Pub – corner of Bridge & Main Streets
Iron Hill Brewery – 130 Bridge St, 610-983-9333
Majolica – BYOB fine dining, 258 Bridge St, 610-917-0962
PJ Ryan’s Pub – next door to the Colonial
Fenix – cocktails, craft beers and tapas open Wed – Sat only, 193 Bridge St
Bistro on Bridge – 208-212 Bridge St, 610-935-7141
The Pickering Creek Inn – 37 Bridge St, 610-933-9962
Great American Pub – In the former Columbia Hotel, 148 Bridge St, 610-917-3333
Vecchia – BYOB brick oven pizza, 249 Bridge St, 610-933-1355
Taste – Winery with Vegan menu, 236 Bridge St, 484-924-9530
Root Down Brewing – Brewery serving casual fare. 1 North Main St, 484-393-2337
Foodery – Sandwiches, paninis, cheeses and snacks. 325 Bridge St, 610-933-1150
Chikara Sushi & Asian Fusion – BYOB, 131 Bridge St. Suite 4, 610-917-8888
Louette’s BYO – BYO with small plates, 106 Bridge St, 484-924-9906
Rec Room by Conshohocken Brewing Co. – 230 Bridge St, 484-924-8624