13th Annual Members’ Party
Sun., February 26, 2017
Current members are invited to celebrate film and the Colonial Theatre at the 13th annual Members Party!
Watch the 2017 Academy Awards ceremony live in the Colonial Theatre! Be sure to check this webpage for updates. To view photos from last year’s party, click here. View the complete list of 2017 nominees here and then cast YOUR votes for the winners in our Oscar Pool. (Pick up and complete a ballot in our lobby before the broadcast begins!) Don’t forget to check out the Oscar shorts here at the Colonial Theatre. Stay tuned for schedules and times.
All current members are invited to attend this year’s party free-of-charge at 7:00 PM. There is only one arrival time this year and there is no surcharge for Individual, Student or Senior members!
To RSVP, call or email Emily Simmons, Development Director, at (610) 917-1228 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Members will need to renew their expired or lapsed memberships at this time. Members who have contributed gifts of $1,000 and greater to the Bank on the Arts building expansion are invited to a preview next door with food and drink at 6:00 PM. (Haven’t made your campaign gift yet? Not a member? It’s not too late! Call our office to get started.)
The bar will be open all night during the Oscar broadcast. Adult members who intend to drink should bring chilled beer or wine (one six-pack or bottle per guest). No hard liquor, please.
Just as in previous years, members can choose to participate in these fun activities during the broadcast:
- Participate in our awards-related trivia contest, hosted by Chuck Francisco and Brendan Carr with live musical interludes by the rockin’ Rob Swanson and his band, Oscar and the Colonials! Brush up on your trivia and work on that arm strength to win great prizes generously donated by Cathy Calhoun of Calhoun Jewelers! New this year: a couples game.
- Come dressed to impress (or just as you are – we don’t judge!) and win our Costume contest! Dust off your best smoking jacket, get out your tops and tails, or curate an ensemble based on one of this year’s nominated films or characters. Prizes will be awarded in three categories: Film Costume, Formal Wear and Pajamas.
- Purchase a chance to win one of two exciting raffle baskets this year!
- Document your experience of the night using our special hashtags and be entered to win our photo contest!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to space constraints, this year’s party will feature light snacks only. (As you may already be aware, the Colonial’s already cozy lobby is missing an entire staircase due to the expansion construction so we are tight on space.) Please be sure to eat dinner before the party! These participating Phoenixville restaurants are generously offering one-night only discounts for Colonial Theatre members! When you show your current membership card you’ll enjoy the following savings on Oscar night:
- Iron Hill Brewery 10% off your bill
- Thai L’Elephant 10% off your bill
- Bistro on Bridge 20% your bill
- Molly Maguire’s Half-priced appetizers
- PJ Ryan’s $5 off your $30 bill
(Please note: you do NOT have to attend the party to enjoy this discount!)
*This annual event celebrates the contributions of members new and old. To attend this event, please be sure to renew your membership in advance or become a member before the night of the party. To check your status or join, call our office M-F during regular business hours at (610) 917-1228. As a non-profit, we rely on the generosity of our members.
Dress to impress! We invite you to visit these local merchants to compose your Contest-winning outfit:
Vote for the nominees you think will win! Enter our Oscar pool by filling out a ballot in the theatre lobby or the night of the party. Check back in mid-January 2017 for the nominees.
Watch the Oscar-nominated Short films at the Colonial! Every February we screen the year’s Oscar nominated short films (Animated, Live Action, and Documentary). This is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! Film dates and the complete screening schedule are visible here.
The Colonial’s Members’ Party is not sponsored by or affiliated with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.