Blobfest 2015: The Blob and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Sponsored by Mainstay Inn, Salena Salon and Horizon Services
Sat., July 11, 2015
“Bud and Lou found great success in the very funny horror spoof Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. The boys get involved with Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolf Man even the Invisible Man makes an appearance. There are plenty of snappy one-liners and silly shenanigans, and Bud and Lous enjoyment is infectious. (TLA Film & Video Guide 2002-03)”
“Whatever its flaws as a film, a none-too-scary monster chief among them, The Blob is a uniquely compelling monster movie. The decision to shoot in Technicolor, largely on real locations in Pennsylvania, invests it with a high-50s feel money couldnt buy. The remarkable seriousness the actors, particularly method disciple Steve McQueen, bring to the material makes the film difficult to dismiss as mere camp. So does a finale that unites the entire town, teens and grown-ups alike, in an all-metaphors-aside fight against an alien threat, a moment that seems to confirm historian Bruce Eders description of The Blob as like watching some kind of collective home movie of who we were and who we thought we were. Or maybe its simply the best film ever to pit hot-rodding teens against a mass of silicone. It delivers the goods any way you look at it.” (Keith Phipps, The Onion A.V. Club)
7:30 – Doors Open
8:00 – The Blob (Irvin Yeaworth, 1958, 82 min, 35mm)
9:30 – Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (Charles Barton, 1948, 83m, 35mm, Universal)
All times are approximate.
Members/Children < 13: $6
- On sale Mon, Jun 1 at 10AM. Online is the best way to buy tickets.
- Ticket prices DO NOT include the $1.00 per ticket service fee. This fee will be calculated at checkout.
- Online and phone ticket sales for all Saturday shows will close at 9AM Sat, Jul 11. Tickets will be available for purchase at the box office from 11AM – 8PM on Saturday.
- Please note you must exchange your ticket for a wristband when you arrive at the theatre at the Information Table under the marquee.
- Tickets are non-refundable and there are no exchanges.
- General admission seating.