Blobfest 2018: The Blob and Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D
Sat., July 14, 2018
“Director Jack Arnold hits the right note with Creature from the Black Lagoon, taking an essentially throwaway plot (a group of scientists searching for a “missing link” in a hidden lagoon) and creates a tension-filled horror classic, diving into the mythical union between monster and mate. Arguably the last great Universal monster film until Spielberg’s similarly themed Jaws, Arnold’s Gill Man is akin to King Kong…as its existence is tragically brought to an end by his lust, in this case for swimming beauty Julie Adams. The underwater scenes, co-directed by TV’s Flipper creator and Gill Man suit-wearer Ricou Browning) are the best ever filmed. Browning actually held his breath throughout all the underwater scenes as his costume could not hold an oxygen tank. The overall production is a marvel of tension and atmosphere, especially when seen in its original 3D format.” (The Scarecrow Video Movie Guide)
This double feature is showing twice, at 12PM and 4PM in the historic 1903 Theatre.
11:30 – Doors Open
12:00 – The Blob (Irvin Yeaworth, 1958, 82 min, 35mm)
1:30 – Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D (Jack Arnold, 1954, 79 min, 35mm)
3:30 – Doors Re-open
4:00 – The Blob
5:30 – Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D
Plus! Dinosaurus! and 4D Man will rotate in the White Rabbit Theatre. 4D Man will screen at 12:30 and 4:30. Dinosaurus! wills screen at 2:30 and 6:30. Admission is free with your purchase of any double feature ticket.
And! Daughter of Horror (the film playing at the Colonial in The Blob) will screen in the Berry Theatre at 4:30. Hosted by Mr. Lobo, Dash Daring and Matt McGinnis. Admission is free with your purchase of any double feature ticket.
Seniors & Students: $10
Members & Children < 13: $8
- Tickets on sale Fri, Jun 1 at 12:30PM.
- Ticket prices include the $1.00 per ticket service fee. This fee will be calculated at checkout.
- Online and phone ticket sales for all Saturday shows will close at 11:59PM Fri, Jul 13. Tickets will be available for purchase at the box office from 10AM – 8PM on Saturday.
- Please note you must exchange your ticket for a wristband when you arrive at the theatre at the Information Table under the marquee.
- General admission seating
- Tickets are non-refundable and there are no exchanges.
VIP Ticket: $75 – SOLD OUT
- All Access Pass to all films and entertainment during the weekend including rehearsal Thu, Jul 12, 6:30PM.
- 2018 T-shirt & poster.
- Premium 3-D glasses.
- Free popcorn and soda for the weekend.
- Your photo with Mr. Lobo.
- One raffle entry to be a guest on stage on Friday night.
- A reserved seat for the Friday Night Run Out.
- Tickets are non-refundable.