Blobfest 2018: The Blob and I Married a Monster from Outer Space
Sat., July 14, 2018
“Though trailing in the wake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and saddled with a singularly schlocky title, this is a remarkably effective cheapie about an alien takeover, which even manages an undertow of sexual angst as the tentacular creature inhabiting Tryon, inadvertently giving itself away to Talbott on the sentimental occasion of their wedding anniversary, struggles to come to terms with a mysterious humanisation of its instincts. Good performances, strikingly moody camerawork, a genuinely exciting climax (with a particularly nice touch in that the posse of bona fide humans which finally routs the aliens is recruited from expectant fathers at the maternity ward of the local hospital).” (Time Out)
7:30 – Doors Open
8:00 – The Blob (Irvin Yeaworth, 1958, 82 min, 35mm)
9:30 – I Married a Monster from Outer Space (Gene Fowler, Jr., 1958, 78 min)
Seniors & Students: $10
Members & Children < 13: $8
- Tickets on sale Fri, Jun 1 at 12:30PM.
- Ticket prices include the $1.00 per ticket service fee. This fee will be calculated at checkout.
- Online and phone ticket sales for all Saturday shows will close at 9AM Sat, Jul 14. Tickets will be available for purchase at the box office from 10AM – 8PM on Saturday.
- Please note you must exchange your ticket for a wristband when you arrive at the theatre at the Information Table under the marquee.
- Tickets are non-refundable and there are no exchanges.
- General admission seating.
VIP Ticket: $75
- All Access Pass to all films and entertainment during the weekend including rehearsal Thu, Jul 12, 6:30PM.
- 2018 T-shirt & poster.
- Premium 3-D glasses.
- Free popcorn and soda for the weekend.
- Your photo with Mr. Lobo either Jul 12, 6:30PM OR Jul 14, 11:30AM.
- One raffle entry to be a guest on stage on Friday night.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- A reserved seat for the Friday Night Run Out, pending availability.