Shorty Amateur Film Contest Submission Deadline
Mon., June 24, 2013
The Shorty Contest is our way of paying homage to the late, great Shorty Yeaworth, Jr., director of The Blob. This year is our 7th annual contest and the films just keep getting better and better! To enter the contest just round up some willing victims, er friends and neighbors, and make a short film that is centered on The Blob, Blobfest, and/or sci-fi in general. Use your imagination and have fun making your very own movie! The winning films in each age group, as well as the Fan Favorite, will be shown at the 14th Annual Blobfest at The Colonial Theatre on July 12, 2013. What could be better than watching your own creation come to life on the big screen in a theatre filled with sci-fi and monster movie fans?!?!?!
Entries must be family friendly, under five minutes, and made by non-professional filmmakers – that’s you! Entries will be sorted into two age groups (under 17 and 18 and older) and will be judged on creativity, originality, technical expertise and, of course, the all important watchability factor.
Our judges will choose the finalists and embed those videos on The Colonial’s website (www.thecolonialtheatre.com) on June 26. Between June 26 and 12:00PM on July 5 the whole wide world will be able to vote for their favorite film – resulting in the Fan Favorite Award. Our esteemed panel of judges will choose the Shorty Award winners.
The winners of the Shorty Award will be notified on June 26 and the winners the Fan Favorite Award will be notified on July 5. Winners are invited to attend Blobfest on Friday, July 12 so they can enjoy their work on the big screen, bask in the audience applause, and collect a Shorty! (Winners receive four complimentary tickets for Friday night but will need to purchase tickets for additional guests.)
To enter your movie simply UPLOAD it to YouTube and email the link to Dr. Frank N. Stone at email@example.com. THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS 5:00PM on MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2013. You MUST also send a DVD to 227 Bridge Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460 postmarked no later then June 24, 2013.
RULES & SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Deadline for submissions is 5:00PM on June 24, 2013.
- Films must be family friendly.
- Films must be under 5 minutes.
- All entries must be submitted via YouTube. After you upload your video to YouTube, email the link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your name, age, and contact info. We must receive your email with a link to your video by 5:00PM on June 24.
- Mail a DVD of your film to The Colonial Theatre, 227 Bridge Street, Phoenixville, PA, 19460. Your DVD must be postmarked by June 24.
- The finalists videos (as selected by our judges) will be posted on The Colonial’s website on June 26.
- Audience voting for the Fan Favorite Award will be open from June 26 thru 12:00PM on July 5.
- Winners will be notified on July 5.
- Winning films will be screened on Friday, July 12 during the Friday night stage show.