Cosplay your way this Blobfest! Fire up your sewing machine, style your wig, and set phasers to stun: we want to see your best and boldest looks on the Costume Contest catwalk this July.
How to Enter:
There are two (2) ways to enter the 2022 Costume Contest:
1) Online by July 1.
2) In-person on Sat, July 9 at noon next to the stage in the Bridge & Main Streets Parking Lot.
Entry fees must be paid at time of entry (online or in-person) and vary based on age group:
- Advance Entry (by July 1): $10 per adult or $5 per child under 18
- Day-of Entry (on July 9): $15 per adult or child under 18 – Cash only
If there are multiple people involved in your costume, each person requires an entry fee.
Rules & Details:
- All contestants must report to the stage in the Bridge and Main Streets Parking Lot on Saturday, July 9 beginning at 12:00 P.M. (noon).
- Access will be provided to Lulu Boutique & Gifterie, an air-conditioned business located across the street from the parking lot on Main St.
- Please come prepared. In the event of rain, the costume contest will occur inside the Colonial between the Saturday double features. All visitors entering the Colonial Theatre must provide photo ID and proof of full vaccination OR a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours. (Digital versions of these documents are accepted.) Masking inside the theatre is encouraged but optional. No entry refunds will be given to contestants unable to enter the theatre in the event of rain. Any weather-related announcements will be made from the Main Street stage and via Social Media channels: please check your smartphones.
- Costumes can be inspired by The Blob, The Colonial Theatre, other Sci-Fi and Horror Characters and films, related themes or the 1950s.
- If you are paying for your contest entry the day of the event, you’ll receive an index-card to complete prior to the start of the contest. (Groups receive one card.) The details you provide will be used by our MC, Dash Daring, to announce your appearance as you take the stage.