Facade Decorating Contest
The Blob is baaaacckk! The festival that helps define our Borough returns live and in-person for a 23rd consecutive year. Support the Colonial and get freaky/festive by decorating a storefront window or your entire façade!
Your décor will be judged in three categories: creativity, showmanship, and relation to the movie, The Blob (1958) and/or this year’s theme: The Uninvited.
1st Prize – One Year of FREE Screen Advertising (valued at $1,140!!!)
2nd Prize – Six Months of FREE Screen Advertising (valued at $600!!)
3rd Prize/People’s Choice – Three Months of FREE Screen Advertising (valued at $330!)
- Windows/Displays must be completed by Friday, July 1st (First Friday).
- Judges will select 1ST and 2nd place finalists between July 1st and 7th. 1st and 2nd Prize Winners will be announced during the stage show at the Saturday Street Fair during Blobfest (July 9).
3rd Prize/People’s Choice Award:
The 3rd Place prize is balloted and depends on your early entry. Here’s how it works:
- By Monday, June 6, email us to commit to participation.
- Decorate your window no later than Friday, July 1st (First Friday).
- Our Marketing staff will provide you with a QR code you can place in your window, which passersby, customers, and community members can use to cast their electronic ballot! Paper ballots will also be available at the theatre, which people can drop into a ‘Blobfest’ pinball machine during the festival weekend. (Voting is limited to one ballot per person.)
- The winner will be announced by email no later than Wednesday, July 13.
To enter the contest, email Jean Szegedy, Facade Decorating Contest Organizer, at email@example.com