Photo ID, AND proof of full vaccination OR negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of the event required for entrance. Masks encouraged but not required.
Spend a fast-and-furious two hours with America’s drive-in movie critic as he uses over 200 movie clips and stills to review the history of rednecks in America as told through the classics of both grindhouse and mainstream movie genres.
- The identity of the first redneck in history.
- The precise date the first redneck arrived in America.
- The most sacred redneck cinematic moments.
- How Thunder Road, the Whiskey Rebellion, the tight cutoffs worn by Claudia Jennings in Gator Bait, illegal Coors beer, and the Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash combined to inspire the greatest movie in the history of the world.
- Why the redneck is the scariest monster in all of film history, with visual evidence.
- The existential difference between Forrest Gump and Sling Blade.
- The reason God loves rednecks . . . . and dozens of other historical facts that you didn’t realize you needed until Joe Bob deposited them in the rear lobe of your brain.
6:00 p.m. Doors Open
6:00 – 6:45 p.m. Autograph Signing – Garden Suite
7:00 – 9:20 p.m. Event – 1903 Theatre
9:30 – 11:00 p.m. Autograph Signing – Garden Suite
Joe Bob Briggs is a nationally syndicated “drive-in movie critic” whose wisecracking take on B-movies was featured on two long-running late-night television shows; first on The Movie Channel and then on TNT. That tradition continues with his latest series, The Last Drive-In, currently featured on AMC’s Shudder streaming platform.
General Admission: $40.00
Colonial Members: $35.00
Ticket prices include the $5 per ticket Processing Fee for non-members. Tickets are available with cash, check credit card at the Colonial Theatre Box Office, or online. Please note that the seats in the rear balcony have limited legroom.
SPECIAL COLONIAL THEATRE EVENT MERCHANDISE
The Colonial will have a unique and official poster for ‘An Evening with Joe Bob Briggs: How Rednecks Saved Hollywood’ by Quiltface Studios. The poster, screen printed with Metallic Silver Ink, will be $35.00 and its dimensions are 24″X9″. These will be for sale at the show.